Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 time
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
A lip-smacking and spicy chicken curry that makes the perfect dinner party food.
- 500 gms chicken
- 3 big onions
- A bunch of coriander leaves
- 10 green chillies
- 2 Tbsp peppercorn
- 1 Tbsp jeera
- A bunch of curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3 Tbsp oil
- Salt, to taste
How to Make Chicken Chilli Masala
- Grind coriander, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, jeera, pepper corns and green chilli together.
- Make an onion paste.
- Wash the chicken and drain the excess water.
- Add the paste made out of the ingredients and 1 tsp oil to the washed chicken and allow it to marinate for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the onion paste into the pan and allow it to fry till the raw smell of the onion is gone.
- Once it turns brown in colour, add the marinated chicken and allow it to cook on a low flame till the chicken is cooked. (Add water in small quantity as and when required.)
- Add the required amount of salt once the chicken is cooked and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes to let the chicken absorb the salt.
- The chicken is ready to serve.
- Note: Do not close the lid while the cooking the chicken and keep stirring it every 5 minutes so that it does not stick to the pan.