Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 20 time
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Simple and tasty recipe of mix vegetables made in Indian style.
- 2 cups of mix chopped veggies – cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, french beans, capsicum, peas
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped finely
- 2 medium to large tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 green chili, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder, use more if you want it to be spicy
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 8 to 10 paneer cubes, optional
- 2 cups water or add as required
- 2 tablespoons cream or malai
- 2 tablespoons oil
- a few sprigs of coriander leaves, chopped
- salt as per taste
How to make Mix Vegetable
- In a kadhai or thick bottomed pan, heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add the chopped onions.
- Fry the onions till they become transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste. Fry for a minute or till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the tomatoes. Keep on stirring till the tomatoes become soft and pulpy. When the mixture becomes smooth and one, then add all the spice powders mentioned above.
- The process of frying the tomatoes takes a little longer. If you want to quicken the process, add some salt to the onion-tomato mixture. Fry the tomatoes on a low flame as you don’t want the tomatoes to get burnt.
- Now add all the spice powders one by one.
- Stir the spice powders with the onion-tomato mixture. Add the green chili.
- Mix in the chopped veggies, salt and water.
- Cover and let the veggies cook.
- Once the veggies are semi cooked…… that is they are half cooked. Add the cream. Give a stir.
- Cover again and simmer the veggies till they are done.
- Don’t forget to check the veggies after occasionally.
- Add more water if the water dries up and if the veggies are still to be cooked.
- If using paneer, then add the paneer once the veggies are cooked. Simmer without the lid for 2 minutes.
- You can also garnish mix vegetable dish with fried paneer cubes. Otherwise simply garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve mix vegetables dish hot with pooris, parathas, kulcha or chapatis.